SAFE AND WELCOMING SPORT ENVIRONMENTS
The 2019 Alberta Sport Leadership Conference was hosted by the Alberta Sport Connection from May 1-4, 2019 at the Edmonton River Cree Resort
The theme of the Conference was Safe and Welcoming Sport Environments
The Conference sessions focussed on the following Elements:
- Sport is Inclusive and Accessible to Diversified Populations– with focus on LGBQTI2S/Transgender, Women, Para and Mental Health within Sport
- Sport is Safe and Ethical– emphasizing emphasizing principles, practices and considerations in a number of areas to make sport safer for everyone participating in Sport education
- Sport Organizations demonstrate Effective Governance – concentrating on Policy Development, Planning, Reporting and Data Collection
- Sport is led by Quality Coaches– highlighting National Coaching Certification Program education
- Sport Reflects the Principles of Athlete Development– underlying the importance of creating inclusive opportunities
- informed through keynotes, plenaries, panels, concurrent breakout sessions with knowledge and education;
- offered the opportunity to acquire new skills and tools to share with their respective organizations;
- be stimulated and inspired with industry leading trends and information from well respected presenters and leaders;
- offered the opportunity to unite with colleagues from the greater sport sector to forge new collaborations and partnerships
The Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet on Friday, May 3rd:
- Recognized the significant impact and outstanding achievements made by athletes, team, coaches, coach developers, officials, and volunteers within the Alberta sport delivery system.
Sport Tourism Pre-Conference
Various sport and destination marketing organizations were given the opportunity to interact with and learn from each other.
Delegate heard presentations from leaders in the field, learn about industry trends, opportunities for growth, and how communities and sport organizations can work together to create memorable sport-based experiences.
SPORTS RECOGNITION AWARDS
The 2018 Athlete and Team of the Year Awards and the 2019 Sport Recognition Awards were presented in conjunction with the Alberta Sport Leadership Conference. The Athlete and Team of the Year Awards recognize and celebrate the significant achievements, performances and contributions of Alberta's amateur teams and athletes. The award winners are outstanding role models who inspire other Albertans to higher achievements at the recreational or competitive level. The Sport Recognition Awards acknowledge the tremendous impact and outstanding achievements made by coaches, coach developers, officials, and volunteers in the Alberta sport delivery system. All of the awards will be presented at the Alberta Sport Recognition Awards Banquet on Friday May 3, 2019. For more information on the awards and nomination forms, please check out the Alberta Sport website.