Every individual embarks on a physical literacy journey. By developing physical literacy across the lifespan, individuals empower themselves to be better at work, better at physical activities and sport, have better mental health and happiness, and better engage with their community. This is the premise behind the International Physical Literacy Conference 2017 (IPLC2017), which takes place April 12-15 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto, Ontario.
We want you to join Sport for Life in Toronto for four days of physical literacy presentations, activities, best practices, and more.
You will have your choice of more than 85 presentations delivered by over 120 presenters. From this, there will be 18 international presentations coming from 6 different nations, Presentations have been categorized by stream:
- Awareness — The development, distribution and communication of common messaging about physical literacy.
- Education and Training — The development and delivery of appropriate educational and training platforms, which build and sustain capacity for infusing physical literacy into programs.
- Resources and Tools — The development of resources and tools that guide and support communities, stakeholders and partners to improve knowledge, alignment and cooperation across sectors.
- Engagement and Programming — How to activate your community through a system of education, training and mentoring initiatives.
- Policy and Strategy — Policy and strategy as a major component of placing quality sport and physical activity into the master plans of governments and organizations.
- Research and Evaluation — The research needed to build evidence for successful, sustained interventions.
Curious who the presenters are and what their presentation focus will be?
Thank you, and see you in Toronto in April!